Seatbelt replacement help!!! please

General technical Q&A for the Honda Stepwagon

Seatbelt replacement help!!! please

Postby Liz » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:47 am

Can anyone recommend anywhere I can get a couple of seatbelts replaced please? (Dog has chewed them!!!!) The only place I know is in London and I'm in the north Midlands. I need a 'while you wait' type service as I can't be without the car as it's the only one I have. Mine is a campervan conversion incidentally.

Preferably made of reinforced steel so the dog has no chance!

Thanks

Liz
Liz

Re: Seatbelt replacement help!!! please

Postby Scrap » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:11 am

Hi Liz

According to Securon (http://www.securon.co.uk) who make seatbelts, "Most garages offer a Fitting Service or can refer you to someone who does."

Have you tried a local garage? I would imagine the webbing is common to most vehicles and not specific to a Stepwgn.

Brian
Scrap

Re: Seatbelt replacement help!!! please

Postby Liz » Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:16 pm

Thanks Brian, yes I've done quite a bit of ringing round/googling. Even the garage that does the normal stuff on my car started a bit of a fuss, mm, well we'll have to order it in, then when it comes it might not be right, and it will cost over £100 etc etc. Basically it was more trouble than it's worth for them. Others have said they might be able to do it if I leave the car in for a few days. Last time I used Seat belt service of London NW10 9mobile fitters) who were brilliant but found it hard going. Thee guy laughingly (I hope!) said he would be on holiday if I needed it doing again. But I was really pleased by their work. Trouble is I had to go to London to have it done,though he did meet me at a motorway services to make it easier.

Like you, I thought it would be easy to just replace the webbing but seems not to be.
Liz

Return to General technical Q&A