Hello! and Help! How do I rotate the middle seats?

General technical Q&A for the Honda Stepwagon

Hello! and Help! How do I rotate the middle seats?

Postby mummy_em28 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:10 pm

Hello
I just got a StepWgn and the middle seats apparently can be rotated so that they are rear facing.
I can not find any level or button to do this and the instructions on the seat are in Japanese so not terribly useful!
Any ideas?
Thanks!
Emma
mummy_em28

Re: Hello! and Help! How do I rotate the middle seats?

Postby Scrap » Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:49 pm

Hi Emma
My StepWgn has been converted to a campervan so I can't answer this from experience, however I do have a manual which says ...
1. Remove the headrest
2. Move the seat as forward as possible
3. Recline the backrest as far as possible
4. "Pull the unlock lever found under the seating face of the auxiliary seat to raise the seating face to fix in place securely"
so it seems to me as though the seat doesn't exactly rotate but the back folds down to make the seat and the seat lifts up to make the back.
The diagrams aren't very clear, but the "unlock lever" seems to be under the seat at the front.
Hope this helps.

Brian
Scrap

Postby mummy_em28 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:54 pm

Can't find any sort of lever - but thank you for your help.
I'll keep looking / trying!
mummy_em28

Postby Vantastic » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:09 am

What year is your stepwagon? Brian's description is for an RF3 - 2001 onwards.

Lewis
Loving the Steppy! ... my other car is also Vantastic!
Vantastic

Postby stepdaddy » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:46 pm

It depends which model of Stepwagon you have. If, like me you have either an RF1 or RF2 (mine's a 1998 S reg) you had the choice of either the Pop-up seat model or the Turnaround model.

I've got the Pop-up one and the middle seats don't rotate - it's a bench seat that is split equally down the middle. For each half of the bench you can fold the backrest forward to create a table then twist the circular knob to fold each half of the seat forwards. But that's all they do.

The Turnaround models have a 65/35 split where the large side near the window is a two person seat and the seat near the door is small and folds up. Have a look at this classified ad on eBay to see what I mean http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Honda-Stepwagon_W ... 19b78b84c3. You can see in the interior pics that the seat nearest the sliding door is noticeably smaller than the others. It's only the bigger 65% of this seat that rotates, the small seat stays folded up.

My handbook (available from the Club Shop for £20 and very useful) tells you how to rotate this seat - it looks easy to do but it's quite difficult to explain without the accompanying diagrams. I can scan it in and email it to you if you want
stepdaddy

Postby Billzer04 » Sat May 15, 2010 2:48 pm

Mines a RF1 and has rotating seats you pull the tab for reclining seat till back of seat is verticle keep it pulled and rotate seat :D
Billzer04

Postby PAR » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:15 pm

Just got my new (1999) RF2 with turnaround seats.
Rotating is straightforward but a bit fiddly.
First, open the pocket lid in the off-side of the wagon next to the seat and fold up the 'jump seat'.
Second, pull up the tag which allows you to recline the seat, but push the backrest forward instead.
Third, push the off-side of the seat forward and the near-side rearward.
Fourth, after rotation, just put the backrest back to its normal position.
To restore, reverse the procedure.
PAR

Return to General technical Q&A