Cornwall sightings

The place for general chat - anything goes but please remember, this is a family friendly community forum!

Re: Cornwall sightings

Postby Vantastic » Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:00 pm

County Cars are one of the main re-cyclers of Japanese cars and if I was considering importing again, I would definitely consider using them.

I used Lifesure until this year since we needed to drop our costs and I got a quote from Aviva for £100 less than Lifesure so it was a no brainer!

Your RF4 sounds sweet. :lol: Our RF3 did not have satnav or reversing camera .. is yours a Spada? What size engine is fitted .. 2.0 or 2.4? I like the idea of converting the reversing lights to fog lights and then adding new reversing ones. Is that legal as the height of the fog light is a legal issue. it seems there is only a legal requirement for one on the offside (right) of the rear of the vehicle so the other one is an optional extra. I like the idea of two to make the driver behind me well aware of where I am!

The spare wheel is a *beep* - just a small one .. not that we have needed to use ours.

Cheers :D
Loving the Steppy! ... my other car is also Vantastic!
Vantastic

Re: Cornwall sightings

Postby PARR » Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:24 pm

Hi,
No, not a Spada, just (it seems) a plush RF4 with a 2.0 litre K20A engine. It has a ginormous spoiler on the rear door, which adds about 35mm to the height (even the original would not go under the bar at the Chunnel!) The front 'bumper' comes down to about 6" from the ground, and is not detachable as the RF2 skirt was, so I hope it will not act as a snow-plough.
No sliding roofs, though, which I miss, but a proper air-conditioning system. I can use the roof rack fittings from my original CR-V, which I had on the RF2.
I'm considering getting a mini-disk recorder to transfer some CDs and a frequency converter so that the radio can be used (I referred to your post aeons ago about the radio wiring - I now know where to connect the frequency changer!) There's one on ebay from Malaysia which even has the frequency equivalents stuck on its label - it's only £11 something.
As far as the rear fogs are concerned, they have to be (I think) 2 feet from the ground, and the existing reversing lights are at least that.
There is no problem with the new reversing lights - they'll go just below the light clusters. I prefer two, as I do a lot of winter driving on the continent, and with two it doesn't matter which side is correct.
I had not realised how much customisation I had done on the RF2 - it seems to be taking me for ever to deal with the RF4.
Interesting about Aviva - worth thinking about, but I must admit I have had excellent service from Lifesure -
PARR

Previous

Return to Chat room