stepwagon club on facebook?

The place for general chat - anything goes but please remember, this is a family friendly community forum!

Re: stepwagon club on facebook?

Postby Ian » Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:13 pm

What's happened to the Steppie Facebook Group. It's disappeared!
Ian

Postby Scrap » Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:58 am

Scrap

Postby Ian » Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:07 am

Brian, looks like my permissions have been withdrawn. This may have something to do with the fact that I tried to post something about the Stepwagon.co.uk website being updated. Perhaps the Group Moderator didn't like it?
Ian

Postby Vantastic » Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:49 pm

The stepwagon Facebook club is alive and well and welcomes new members! Almost up to 300 now so please come and join in the discussion over there.

The forum is good as the information passed on here is always available but on facebook most of the messages disappear down the page, though we do try to capture the useful stuff into documents ;)
Loving the Steppy! ... my other car is also Vantastic!
Vantastic

Postby admin » Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:45 am

So ...

when I originally started to build online communities, I used the popular phpBB software - did what it said on the tin, reliable, well supported, lots of mods to improve the look and feel and security, etc ...

Then phpBB3 was released, and THIS group was one of the first I put together using phpBB3 ... I found it buggy, vulnerable to spam etc, not as easy to maintain etc etc ... which is a real shame :-(

Anyway - because it's 'high maintenance', the FaceBook Group option let me lock this group down a bit and open up the community by utilising FaceBook...

The community HERE chugs away nicely, but for more instant Steppy gratification, the Stepwgn FB group is really useful:

http://www.facebook.com/groups/stepwagonclub for general and technical posts

http://www.facebook.com/groups/StepwagonMart for sales, swaps, wants, giveaways, valuations etc

I hope this helps?

Simon 8-)
If you're not living life on the edge - you're taking up too much room!
admin
Site Admin

Postby PARR » Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:00 am

What about the Luddites who don't use Social Media? This probably explains why there have been no posts other than mine for months on the main site!
PARR

Postby Vantastic » Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:11 am

PARR wrote:What about the Luddites who don't use Social Media? This probably explains why there have been no posts other than mine for months on the main site!

Life is too short but I think this forum is a much better way of managing knowledge as I find myself linking back to answers here in Facebook! :shock:
Vantastic

Postby PARR » Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:35 pm

I had a quick look at the facebook page(s) as a visitor, and although I will miss the 'to-and-fro' of the club site, I will not be joining the facebook pages.

I did notice that someone with a later model than mine (RF4) had managed to reconnect his reversing camera - I may be pushing my luck, but if the author sees this, I would be grateful for any information he can give.

Even so, I will remain a member of the Club, and will check entries from time to time.

I wish all members the best for Christmas and the New Year, and hope to see a few entries on this site.
PARR

Postby Vantastic » Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:45 pm

I use the FB page but am not aware how to re-connect a rear view camera - I did fit one of these recently:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-7-Dual-Lens ... 3d2dfa2ba7

These do work well and have the benefit of protection with a video recording of 5 mins.

Front and rear cameras too and cheaper than any UK (e.g. Halfwits) seller!

Merry Christmas to all who read this too.

Lewis
Vantastic

Postby Scrap » Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:59 pm

Wow! A posting to read.I still check this site everyday as I also find Facebook too disorganised to find anything important.

My RF3 also had the reversing camera disconnected during campervan conversion. It would be nice to be able to use it even though I have managed perfectly well for the past 8 years, so if you do find out David please post on here.

Best Wishes to all

Brian
Scrap

PreviousNext

Return to Chat room