nearly new member saying hello!

New to the Club? Say 'Hello' here :)

nearly new member saying hello!

Postby iain » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:28 pm

Dear All,

We actually joined in April, in anticipation of getting the Stepwagon. We have now got it, and an absolute beauty it is, both to look at and to drive.

The one question which worries me a little is quite simply where does everyone source spare parts, pots of paint (ours is Aqua Breeze (B505M) and things like that.

Anyway, if anyone has anything to tell me, either by way of useful hints, or in answer to the question, please let me know. I'll try to keep logged in, and should be able to answer fairly immediately.

By the way, we are on the Surrey/Hampshire/West Sussex border.

We look forward to hearing from any or all of you!

Iain.
iain

Re: nearly new member saying hello!

Postby Vantastic » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:41 pm

Welcome on board - any photos or data on your Stepwagon (yr, mileage, colour, engine size, conversion type, etc)? Yes we are a nosy bunch! :D

Lewis
Loving the Steppy! ... my other car is also Vantastic!
Vantastic

Postby iain » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:22 am

Good Morning to you!

I was going to add a picture last night, but your maximum file size is 64Kb so I'm going to have t odo a lot of work before I can make anything that small!

However, it is a 2.0 litre petrol (automatic, of course) VTECH engine, with 43,000 miles on the clock (or 65K km, as it actually says!) it dates from late 2001, and has the newer shape and features. The colour is B505M (Aqua Breeze Opal), and it's brilliant!

The conversion was done by a small place in Inkberrow in Worcestershire (JAL), and, though he struck us from the beginning as being totally disorganised, the quality of workmanship is very good indeed. There are one or two things to finish off still, and I'm going to contact him later on today by email with some pictures to tell him what needs doing, but I don't think there will be a problem.

We're intending to use it mostly on the continent, but with occasional weekends here in the UK if we can find the time, and somewhere interesting to go within two or three hours of where we are on the Hampshire/Surrey borders.

I'll try to work on some pictures this evening, and post them later.

By the way, how many members are there in the club, becasue I understand that there are less than 150 Stepwagons in the UK!

Great to hear from you!

Iain.
iain

Postby Vantastic » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:06 pm

Hi again Iain

Yes - we are a small club - 32 at the moment if you click on the Members link on top RHS you can see the list and get more details. How did you find out how many stepwagons are in the UK? I have met another local owner (Steve) who lives 10 miles away. We are located in the north midlands - Newark - so won't pass you much, but if you come up North, then let me know and we can meet for a cuppa and exchange stepwagon stories!

We have a 2002 model so the same as yours but ours is the first non camper one in the UK - we also got it from Phil at JAL! We love ours too - so easy to drive and comfy for everyone. My kids love the seat options! Interesting you have some outstanding items still as I also have exchanged stories with Rob from North Wales who had the same issue with Phil... yep - disorganised! However, I am currently in touch with Phil as our speedo seems to be completely out of calibration. Phil is trying to get the conversion company to work with us to sort it. Incidentally, have you got the big radio/cd player with Japanese satnav? If so does yours play UK CDs? My screen comes up blank and I am truing to figure out how to reset everything. Yes I have the Jap manual but my Japanese is non existent!

Cheers

Lewis
07980 694808
Loving the Steppy! ... my other car is also Vantastic!
Vantastic

Postby iain » Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:53 pm

We'll get everything sorted, I'm sure - Phil seems honest enough to sort things out without too many issues.

Ours came without any CD player at all - just a radio in a box for us to fit! it's a Sony, so it should be good. I know there are huge problems trying to use Japanese radios and Sat Nav systems in the UK - Japanese radios use, as far as I can understand, different configurations of FM from those in Europe, and so the radios don't work, though you can get expanders for them. CDs should not be a problem, but SatNav will be, as I think they have the same issues as radios.

if you contact Phil, he has a shed load of Sonys at the moment!

At least we are lucky living where we do - the main UK importer of Stepawagon parts works about six miles away, just outside Godalming!

Iain.
iain

Return to Say Hello!