Hello from Glasgow

New to the Club? Say 'Hello' here :)

Hello from Glasgow

Postby SeeYouThere » Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:12 am

Hi there,

We're just new to this forum and to the FB page and already have found both a great source of information.

We unfortunately do not own a Stepwagon yet :( , but hopefully that will change in the not to distant future. We are coming to the point where we could use a second car. Thinking about what we wanted we decided that a camper van was what we ideally would like (for weekend cycling/hiking/camping trips in the highlands), but because we need the car for work a camper van wouldn't really suit. So we have been looking at the usual options (Transporter etc) but always came back to feeling that we would just need to get a 'proper' car as none of the campers really looked good enough for us to use for work. Then we 'discovered' the stepwagon and it seems to tick pretty much all the boxes. Firstly it's a Honda which we're big fans of, (currently have a 1998 1.5L VTEC civic and have had other Honda cars and motorbikes in the past), next it looks fantastic, especially with the bodykits, the seating arrangements especially the turning middle seats would suit us perfectly and allow us to use it as a car/van/mpv/camper or any combination thereof! We would like to get an LPG version (or get it converted) as we will be using it on a daily basis. The biggest problem so far for us is that all Stepwagon's for sale seem to be 300miles plus away from us here in Glasgow so we have yet to see one in real life, and although we have seen a couple on the internet that we really like we don't want to rush into driving a 700mile round trip to look at something that doesn't suit! So we'll keep an eye out and see if anything comes up a bit closer to home ( or at least to do a bit more research before committing ourselves to the long round trip).

Looking forward to getting to know everyone and hopefully we'll soon be able to contribute to all the knowledge on here.

Cheers,

Alden & Eimear
SeeYouThere

Re: Hello from Glasgow

Postby PARR » Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:20 pm

Welcome to the club.
You've got many decisions to make - the rotating seats were on the earlier Steppys, later early ones (RF3/4) I believe had sliding as well as folding rear seats, some had sliding instead of rotating middles!
Mine is a 1998 'G' RF2 so has rotating middle seats and is 4WD, but non-sliding rear seats.
As you have no doubt discovered, much of the mechanical set-up is the same as or very similar to the CR-V of the same year.
Engine-wise, the later ones had the same engines as the 2003-8 CR-V - the '40' iV-TEC series.Mine has the B20B of the early CR-V.
Good luck in your hunt - I am sure it will be worth it.
PARR

Postby SeeYouThere » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:50 pm

Hi Parr, thanks for the welcome and for the information. Yea lots for us to get our heads around and to make decisions on. It can be a bit daunting at first but the more we read the more we are looking forward to getting one! Still to see one in real life though but hopefully soon :D
SeeYouThere

Postby Vantastic » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:48 pm

Have you found a real one yet? :D
Loving the Steppy! ... my other car is also Vantastic!
Vantastic

Return to Say Hello!