Hello from Shropshire!

New to the Club? Say 'Hello' here :)

Hello from Shropshire!

Postby gazchap » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:21 pm

How do, peeps!

I've just taken ownership of my Dad's 1997 (R) Honda Stepwagon, and have joined the owners club to see if I can find out more about the car and the possibilities.

It's a R-reg, with about 56,000 miles on the clock.

The thing that gets me, is that it's not quite the usual Stepwagon... one of the rear seats (the ones that fold up to the sides) is missing, and the "middle" row of seats is made up just of the one static seat on the RHD, and an electric swivel seat on the left - this swivels round to face out of the door, and then there's a control unit that allows you to lower the seat out of the vehicle and down to the ground.

My Dad bought it to help my disabled Mum get in and out of the car, but she got worse and couldn't use it, so it sat on his driveway for about a year and a half doing nothing until I've just taken ownership (some local travellers had been sniffing around it, I figured it would be a good idea to shift it before it mysteriously disappeared!)

No pics at the moment I'm afraid, as it's a bit messy and dirty after being sat for so long.

A couple of queries though - is the swivel seat a factory option? The control unit and the seat itself has Japanese on the back of it so it could be?

And also, where's the best place to get replacement seats? My ideal would be to refit the missing fold-up seat at the back, and possibly reinstate the full middle row of seats with the little table?

Cheers!
gazchap

Re: Hello from Shropshire!

Postby Scrap » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:02 am

Hi GazChap

Just an idea, but why don't you ask Wellhouse Leisure and other campervan converters what they do with the seats they remove during conversion?

Brian
Scrap

Re: Hello from Shropshire!

Postby PARR » Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:50 pm

Spot on - Wellhouse probably have middle seats (and rear seats) coming out of their ears! They might even be interested in the gear fitted to yours - worth asking!
The swivel would almost certainly have been a factory fit, as Honda apparently designed the Steppy so that it could easily be set up as you describe.
I can't help with the Japanese inscriptions, unfortunately - sorry.
PARR

Return to Say Hello!