Hi, thinking of buying

New to the Club? Say 'Hello' here :)

Hi, thinking of buying

Postby andymak » Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:39 pm

Hi all, I am thinking of buying a Stepwagon and would be grateful if you guys could give me some information about these vehicles.
andymak

Re: Hi, thinking of buying

Postby andymak » Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:23 am

Could you lovely people guide me on this one.

How easy are parts to get in the UK? For instance due to the agricultural nature of where we live in suffolk damage to windscreens is quite common (I have just had a third windscreen in three years on my current car) So if I need a replacement how likely is it that one of the major windscreen companies will be able to do the job in a reasonable timescale of a week or so.
Will I always have to go to Honda for servicing? and how quickly are main dealers / other garages able to get hold of parts?
We currently use an expensive rear facing Isofix child seat in my wifes imported Honda Stream Do stepwagons have Isofix installed on the seats? Which seats have them? and what year did Honda start using Isofix in the stepwagon?

What is the likely fuel consumption I can expect for a regular commute where I am on major A roads doing about 65 mph?

How easy is it to install a multifunction 2din radio unit to replace the janapese one that will no doubt be fitted to any vehicle I may buy?

Any help advice would be most welcome.... :)
andymak

Re: Hi, thinking of buying

Postby schmee » Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:18 pm

Hi,
I have just bought my first stepwagon, about 3 weeks ago, and can answer a few of your questions:
Windscreens, i bought mine with a smashed windscreen, when i rang autoglass, its not a problem but they told me it would be 3 weeks for a glass whether they made it or got it in, the only other problem is the 'trim' if they cant use the current one to fit the glass it will be mid october resulting in 6 weeks in total.

Stereo i have just changed mine for a JVC uk model, very easy with ISO cabling, I originally fitted a standard UK ISO to the car which would then just require stereo specific wiring to fit into that. The stereo didnt come with one and when i bought a jvc one, it was bare ends, so just wired that direct to the car and presto, very easy especially if i did it.

It seems parts can take upto 3-6weeks although you can get pleny of consumables ie break pads and disks on ebay and other suppliers. just research. other more expensive stuff could be a problem although the engines are very reliable (touch wood)

Consumption isnt the best, but once you have drove one, you will love it, i am yet to get to grips with economy as it has a deceptively small tank. I filled it with £55, then you use half and panic. When i collected mine, it cost me £35 to do 250 miles from London back to Bridlington.

Im a novice but hope this helps.

P.S if youre using it as a family car, kids love it!!!!
schmee

Return to Say Hello!