new owner, Northampton

New to the Club? Say 'Hello' here :)

new owner, Northampton

Postby ralph60 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:43 pm

Hi everyone, new owner (about a month) from Northampton.
ralph60

Re: new owner, Northampton

Postby Vantastic » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:37 pm

Hi Ralph ... welcome on board :) Tell us more ... where did you get yours and what year is it? Is it a camper or people carrier?

Cheers

Lewis :D
Loving the Steppy! ... my other car is also Vantastic!
Vantastic

Postby ralph60 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:51 pm

It's a 'normal' one, 8 str 98 E-RF1 in silver. I got it from an importer in Oldham and as I delve more into it it turns out the importers prep of the vehicle leaves a lot to be desired. The undersealing was anything but under, think it had been sprayed on by lying on the floor and spraying what could be seen from the outside. A side lt was out (just MOT'd) and one of the seat belts was missing (I later found it under the center seat tucked inside the spring) and the cowboy that fitted the fog lt should be ashamed, red 30amp cable scotch locked in and run over the gear change mech :o . Apart from all that I love it, great for ferrying the family around.
ralph60

Postby Vantastic » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:50 am

Thanks for the update Ralph - glad to hear you love it and it helps ferrying the family around - that is our view too! :D It seems a few importers are just typical car sales people ... getting away with the minimum and no attention to detail! :shock:
Vantastic

Postby ralph60 » Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:08 am

Replaced the front pads today, these were promised '50% or we change them' by the importer, they were literally paper thin!. Honda wanted £54 for front pads £52 for rear, got a set of F&R for £42 from CAS Northampton. Happy days :D
ralph60

Postby Vantastic » Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:44 am

That's strange - I put ours into the local garage for a service and guess what they needed to change ... rear pads! :shock: The brakes are much sharper now. I noticed the pads a a wear indicator - I had not got down to that level yet but was very close. In general Stepwagons don't seem to have lots of mechanical or electrical problems. Seems Honda design something that works and re-use it over and over again in their cars. Good news for us 8-)
Vantastic

Postby ralph60 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:46 am

That's not so bad, 75% of braking (generally) is on the front, still if it came out of the salesroom needing them changed it 's a bit concerning to those vehicles sold to people who are not mechanically adept isn't it.
ralph60

Postby schmee » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:24 pm

This is some interesting stuff, i have just bought my first step wagon and although i dont need any, and was just out of interest, i cant find anywhere that does parts. any hints as where to look for when the time comes?

Also, I AM DESPERATE FOR SOME ROOF BARS any help would be greatfully recieved.

Graeme
schmee

Postby Vantastic » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:42 pm

welcome Graeme ... Thule Roof bars are the ones you need. Perfect job ... You can google them on the web. What model year is yours?

cheers

Lewis
Vantastic

Postby schmee » Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:01 pm

Thule? i couldnt find any that fit, or should i say halfords said there arent any that fit. I have a '96 2l petrol auto.
Pardon my technical description but along the roof, i have sections of the plastic thingy (see) removed where there was obviously roof barsbefore, it exposes 3 screw holes. Is this the normal fitting or has someone messed up before me?

Cheers

Graeme
schmee

Next

Return to Say Hello!