Another Wellhouse conversion

New to the Club? Say 'Hello' here :)

Another Wellhouse conversion

Postby Liz » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:52 pm

Hi, I have a Wellhouse conversion, and am totally in love with it. However I do find the petrol consumption a bit pricey these days but there's not much I can do about that - it's my only car and will be the last thing I sell I reckon as poverty strikes!

Mine has a 'proper' roof, up at the front, hinged at the rear, not a pop up one, and it can be really noisy when driving along, somehow air seems to get under it and the canvas billows out into the van making it draughtly. It is pulled fully shut though. Does anyone else have this? I asked at Wellhouse but they didn't seem to think it unusual so it's probably just something I'm going to have to live with. I also wish the rear seats had higher backs, they're ok for little passengers but uncomfortable for adults.

Anyway it's nice to meet with others, and interesting to hear about people with non-campers too.

Liz
Liz

Re: Another Wellhouse conversion

Postby Scrap » Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:35 am

Hi Liz, and welcome to the club.

I agree with everything you say, both here and in response to Chrissie.

I intend keeping mine until I or it drops, whichever happens first. I've had it rust-proofed in the hope that it will extend its life as Wellhouse don't do any.

Sorry to hear about your roof. My pop-top doesn't suffer from that at all. Travelling alone I only use the rear seats when eating. I swivel the passenger seat to use when relaxing.

Incidentally, I've just replaced my 904 gas bottle with a 907 as I've read that 904 refills aren't as readily available abroad, and now seen on the Wellhouse web site that it should have come with a 907 in the first place. Which does yours have? After 18 months it's a bit late for me to complain.

Best wishes

Brian
Scrap

Return to Say Hello!