Hello from Clevedon near Bristol

New to the Club? Say 'Hello' here :)

Hello from Clevedon near Bristol

Postby chrissie195 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:03 am

I'm keen to join your ranks!
drive a Honda Jazz at present, need to upgrade so I can take grandchildren on camping holidays so am looking for a Stepwgn camper conversion in good nick.
Need it by the summer!
here's hoping, fingers crossed, good to know this Club exists now I don't feel I'm fumbling in the darK!
Chrissie
chrissie195

Re: Hello from Clevedon near Bristol

Postby Scrap » Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:48 pm

Hi Chrissie

Before I retired and gave back my company car, I decided that I wanted a small enough campervan to use as an everyday vehicle also.

Having now retired I find that I don't need an "everyday vehicle" and as a campervan the Stepwgn is only just big enough for myself. I wouldn't like to have to share it with anyone. 40 years ago maybe but not now.

Mine only has a Reimo "pop-top", so there's no room for kids to sleep there. Whether they can or not in the full raising roof version as they can in others I don't know. It would have been £1000 extra for the full raising roof when I bought mine.

As a car it's easy to drive. I'd never driven an automatic before but I soon got used to it. I've never tried to press the clutch, but my left hand sometimes leaves the steering wheel to change gear.

Let us know if you buy one.

Best wishes

Brian
Scrap

Re: Hello from Clevedon near Bristol

Postby chrissie195 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:38 am

Hi Brian
thanks for this.
To be honest, I wasn't planning on sharing the camper with the grandchild! or anyone else really ... just need the extra passenger seats & extra stowage space. My daughter and I have managed really well for 7 years with just the Jazz with the back seats down, in which we can pack everything for two - including my 9 foot diameter yurt! with no need for a roof box, trailer or any extras. but obviously we can only sit inthe two front seats then!
years ago I drove a LH drive high top VW when I had a husband and all three kids at home. My daughter and I slept in the double bed while my ex and two sons slept in an awning. that all worked really well!
but now having driven a Zafira and a Jazz since then, I want a comfortable drive and the convenience of camper (fridge, sink cooker etc). I love Hondas and am reluctant to drive anything else, which is why I got so excited when I discovered the Stepwagon and its potential as a camper! I still plan to take the yurt and put the extended family in that to sleep!
I've spoken to JAL and now have mixed feelings given what others on here have said. Back to the drawing board I guess ...
please keep in touch everybody!
Chrissie
chrissie195

Return to Say Hello!