Hi from Barry Island, How do I get the radio out!

New to the Club? Say 'Hello' here :)

Hi from Barry Island, How do I get the radio out!

Postby arxcis » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:47 pm

Hi from Barry Island, got my 1997 Stepwagon week before Xmas & over the moon with it so far.
Has anyone got any idea how to remove the original Honda Radio?? its got a Honda 4LC0 AM/FM Radio Cassete fitted, does not have the usual keyholes in it,

Also looking for 2 x black plstic blanking caps that fit where the roof bars go & 1 x Rear Headrest (the wide ones)

Hope someone can help

Kind Regards,
Dave.
arxcis

Re: Hi from Barry Island, How do I get the radio out!

Postby stepdaddy » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:38 pm

No idea about the radio I'm afraid.

As for parts, you could maybe try these people http://www.japautosolutions.com/

Good luck
stepdaddy

Postby Scrap » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:57 pm

Hi Dave

I haven't swopped my cassette player for a better unit yet, something I've been intending to do, but I did ask Wellhouse when I took mine there for a service and they said that the facia around the radio just levers off and then the radio is held in with a couple of screws. There are some what look like screwdriver marks at the edge of my facia as though someone has had it off in the past but afraid I've not yet.

Brian
Scrap

Postby 123dean » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:05 pm

hi you have to unscrew the dash surrowned take all switches out remove surrowned then unscrew 4 screws that hold the radio in place these can only be got at after removeing the suround do not just try to lever the suround out you will just break it :!:
123dean

Postby ralph60 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:05 pm

Don't know if this is a little late, I replaced mine for a standard sized (UK/European) unit. These are approx 10mm wider than the jap units that are fitted, you can get round this by filing out the recessed plastic and the unit cage will fit. The top half can be covered by a piece of plastic sheet cut and shaped to fit that you can get from any hobby store. I will take pics if I haven't explained this very well.
ralph60

Postby Rob » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:33 pm

I replaced mine with a radio with removable facia. The unit sits behind the Japanese-sized hole and the facia, by sheer fluke, is exactly the right size to fit snugly through the gap.
Rob

Return to Say Hello!