Bore da from Swansea!

New to the Club? Say 'Hello' here :)

Bore da from Swansea!

Postby stepdaddy » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:57 pm

Hi there,

I've owned my 1998 4wd Fielddeck (the one with the factory fitted lifting roof) for a totally trouble free year and a bit now. Absolutely love everything about it (apart from the MPG!!) and think it's a really great vehicle. Didn't get much opportunity to camp in it last summer but hopefully we'll be able to this year

Cheers
stepdaddy

Re: Bore da from Swansea!

Postby Rob » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:11 am

Helo!

Pa fath o MPG wyti'n cael ar hyn o bryd? Wi'n cael tua 29-30.

Gwelais i Stepwagon RFii yng Nghaerdydd y mis diwetha - di-gonfertio, ddo.

Dyni wedi campio sawl tro llynedd - Ym Mhenllŷn, Dyffryn Conwy, Aberystwyth a Phorthmadog. Roedd'n wych!

Rob
Rob

Postby stepdaddy » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:41 am

Sorry to disappoint you Rob but I'm a Saes! Apart from the odd phrase picked up from Sgorio, my Welsh is non-existent.

I'm going to guess that you asked me what MPG I get - probably 23-25 around town and 30ish on a run maybe a bit more. I suppose it's not going to be any better than a CR-V of the same vintage (probably worse given the lack of aerodynamics) and looking at Autotrader they do 22 around town and 33 extra urban.

I just used an online translator on your last sentence and it came up with "A stirk has gamboled who turn last year in sovereign, Valley Conway Aberystwyth I go Phorthmadog. He was heartburn fine!" I'm guessing you said it was great for camping when you used it?? Mine too, on the one time I've been so far - Morawelon campsite in Parrog near Newport, Sir Penfro, highly recommended if you like a simple, quiet location bang on the beach
stepdaddy

Postby Rob » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:58 pm

Ha! If I don't start off in Welsh I'll never find out who's got it and who hasn't!

Hope the weather will be better for camping this year. Did you get the interior converted or are you just using the van as it came out of the factory?

Rob
Rob

Postby stepdaddy » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:11 pm

No, not converted. I've got some curtains made up that I need to fit but apart from that it's just flatten the seats and chuck a futon/air bed on top.

Not sure if you're familiar with the Field Deck, but it's based on the twin sunroof model so the way you get into the roof is either through the small sunroof hole over the cab or the bigger one in the back. So unlike something like a Reimo roof conversion - or a Mazda Bongo come to that - there's only one relatively small area in the back where you can stand up fully, so a side conversion wouldn't really work to be honest. I also use it for lots of different things, like taking stuff to the tip, transporting bikes etc etc so appreciate having the large load area. I might get a removable 'cube' at some point in the future.

How about you?
stepdaddy

Return to Say Hello!