Hello From Cornwall

New to the Club? Say 'Hello' here :)

Hello From Cornwall

Postby guv » Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:25 pm

Hello
I'm new to all this and haven't actually bought my stepwagon yet :oops:
The one I'm looking at has high mileage on the odometer :o Is this likely to be in KM and only the speedo has been converted to MPH :?: Is there anything in particular that I should look out for when considering buying a stepwagon :?: I'm assuming because it's a Honda that the engine and gearbox should be good for lots of miles, do they have a cambelt that needs changing on miles/age :?: Sorry for all the questions I just don't want to buy a "wrongun"
regards
guv the newbie
guv

Re: Hello From Cornwall

Postby Vantastic » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:20 am

Welcome .. a few comments...

How long has it been in the UK? Can you find out who imported it? If so then you can check their records for MPH / KPH conversion. My odometer also reads Miles now as the conversion is done electronically.
You need to check if it was undersealed when imported - if not get on your back and have a good look underneath! (actually check this anyway!)

There is a cambelt on the 2 litre non VTEC engine.
I believe VTEC engines do not have cambelts.

Check for wear on the steering linkage and bushes - that is about all that you can check to confirm mileage.

Yes these are Hondas and as you know from old Accords on UK roads, they go on and on and on and .... :D

Cheers

Lewis
Loving the Steppy! ... my other car is also Vantastic!
Vantastic

Re: Hello From Cornwall

Postby guv » Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:38 pm

Many thanks Vantastic
I need to go back and take another look. Top tip about the importer I feel a bit more encouraged now, I was a bit uneasy about the whole thing when the garage selling it has so little info on it. Thanks again
guv

Return to Say Hello!