Broken windscreen

Broken windscreen

Postby Lizzie » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:47 am

I desperately need a new windscreen as mine is badly cracked - Autoglass really don't seem to have any answers (ordered from Honda, could take 3 weeks to 3 months etc etc) Can anyone suggest a source?

Thank you

Liz
Lizzie

Re: Broken windscreen

Postby Rob » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:22 pm

Autoglass replaced mine in two weeks (this was a couple of years ago). They didn't seem to have a problem sourcing it. I had to deal with their depot in Worcester, though - halfway across another country.
Rob

Postby Lizzie » Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:46 pm

Thanks - they did get one within a couple of weeks but it was the wrong one so they have had to re-order and now are very vague about when it might come. In the meantime I am driving round peering through something resembling crazy paving - luckily not smashed, (the screen, not me!) but just several jagged cracks. I'm going to see if I can get a hire car on insurance as I'm going to need to travel further afield during half term. Doubt I'll succeed though!

I was hoping I might find another source I could point Autoglass to.
Lizzie

Postby PARR » Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:20 pm

Hi All,

In the last week of September I was in France, and my windscreen was struck by a large stone, creating a beautiful 'star' right in the driver's field of vision.

This is not legally repairable, so I emailed Lifesure, to be advised of the procedure and that Autoglass could arrange for an associate firm in France to do the replacement.

Bearing in mind the comments posted on this board I thought I would wait until my return to UK.

On 14th October I contacted Autoglass, and was astonished to be offered a replacement the following day in Truro - they could send one there for that day.

As it happened, I was far from prepared for such a response, and had other things to do that week.

They did the replacement on the 23rd October with courtesy and efficiancy, and I am fully impressed as they replaced the surround as part of the job.
PARR

Postby Scrap » Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:30 pm

Hi David

That's good to know.

When the (rather pleasant) young woman from Autoglass repaired the chip in my windscreen she said that if it needed replacing they'd be able to get one in a couple of days. I was rather sceptical when she said that but it's good to know it can be done.

Brian
Scrap

Postby PARR » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:11 pm

Yes - my problem was that if it had been on the passenger side it could have been repaired - but not directly in front of the driver - as the French say 'dans le champs de vision du conducteur' - I heard that several times, accompanied by a Gallic shrug!
PARR

Return to Parts suppliers