Re Radiator

Re Radiator

Postby japart » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:44 pm

Does The stepwagon share the same radiator as the honda smx as they both use same engines ive looked on internet for them and any photos i pull up on both rads look the same but they dont share the same part numbers if anyones seen the two different radiators maybe you could help!
japart

Re: Re Radiator

Postby Vantastic » Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:04 pm

More likely the CRV shares the same part - worth checking but I can't give any guarantees.

Lewis :D
Loving the Steppy! ... my other car is also Vantastic!
Vantastic

Postby PARR » Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:34 am

Hi - I've been looking on the 'Web' for radiator leakage problems, and discovered the BMW site - on which my Stepwgn problem is well described.
I am told at my garage that the plastic header tank has split by the top hose connector. A spare has been located in Denmark, and will cost about £232.
JP-Car Parts in Japan could supply the whole thing for $1100 + P&P.
I noted on the BMW site a very helpful and knowledgeable gentleman calling himself bmwtastic - could that just be Vantastic? I see he has a Stepwgn 'for wife and kids'.
PARR

Postby PARR » Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:59 pm

Now repaired.
Described as 'radiator' but verbally described as header tank (from Denmark) £270 approx., labour 2 hours @ £40/hr, and VAT £74 +.
Just got to sort out the reversing camera, then all done.
PARR

Postby Scrap » Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:04 am

Hi David

Just letting you know that someone does read your posts on here. I usually look every day but will be on holiday for the next 3 weeks.

My Stepwgn has a reversing camera fitted as standard but which has never worked. I guess Wellhouse Leisure disconnected it when doing the conversion to a campervan. Any info you have on connections would be appreciated.

Regards

Brian
Scrap

Postby PARR » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:29 pm

Hi, Brian,
Nice to know - I think I may have found part of the wiring for the reversing camera, but I'll put that in the ICE section
Regards,
David.
PARR

Postby PARR » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:02 am

Further to radiator problem - after using the Steppy subsequent to its transplant, I thought it smelled hot, so looked at the rad - I had understood that the header tank only had been replaced - not so - a whole new rad - supplied by Nissens in Denmark. As the Honda rad from jp-carparts was over $1000, the £270 or so for this was a bargain.
PARR

Return to Cooling system