alarm/immobaliser

General technical Q&A for the Honda Stepwagon

alarm/immobaliser

Postby valleyboy32 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:37 am

Hi guys just was wondering if any of you have had alarm systems fitted on your stepwagons. I know they come with the remote central locking fob which opens the doors but mine doesnt seem to have a alarm fitted? i know my other honda (civic) when you use the remote it flashes the hazard lights saying the alarm is acctivated and also has a flashing red light in the dash which the stepwagon has niether, just was wondering if the stepwagon is fitted with any security as ive got lovely civic sport alloys fitted on her and dont want them to go missing lol. any help be appreciated.
valleyboy32

Re: alarm/immobaliser

Postby Scrap » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:53 am

There's no alarm on my RF3. The key fob just locks & unlocks. I always try the door after I've locked it to make sure.

I now have two key fobs as the central locking packed-in and had to be replaced. The new one does the front & rear doors and the original one still does the electric side door.

I fitted locking wheel nuts on my alloys although they're not worth stealing.

Brian
Scrap

Postby PARR » Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:16 am

My 1999 RF 2 had no alarm/immobiliser, so I had an immobiliser fitted - this has a 'dongle' which I insert into a socket for two seconds before starting.
The remote locking/unlocking is by a key fob, and I am trying to find another - no luck so far - found a slightly different one (Honda) but not compatible. I did find a wholesale place in Japan, but they only sold them in packs of 10!
PARR

Postby ralph60 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:08 am

For my RF1 I had an aftermarket Immobilser Alarm fitted by Falcon. They (and a few others) will come to your home and fit it for you in about three hours. You can have varying levels of security. My imob and separate alarm cost about £340, it has self programming extras as standard, remote arm/ disarm, panic, shock sensor bypass, valet mode, etc. I only use the alarm when away from home as I don't use the car during the week, it takes it out of the battery with low usage especially in the cold. The immobilser is armed when I take the key out, the central locking still works as normal. I found them online, the alarms are Thatcham approved and certificate for insurance provided, two fobs come supplied.
ralph60

Return to General technical Q&A