Fuel economy.

The place for general chat - anything goes but please remember, this is a family friendly community forum!

Fuel economy.

Postby PARR » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:42 pm

I have found that 'around town' fuel consumption is about 260 miles per tankful.
BUT, on long high-speed trips on the continent, using the 95-E10 fuel, I am getting upwards of 350 miles per tankful (thank the Lord).
Oil usage - less than quarter of a litre per 5000 miles. (I use Castrol Magnatec, Edge, or other Castrol 5W/30).
PARR

Re: Fuel economy.

Postby Scrap » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:01 pm

Until it closed I used to use the Camping Club site in Bodmin and from there I could just get home (310 miles) on a tankful. Nowadays I tow a caravan to the Caravan Club site in Camelford and I fill up halfway at Michaelwood Services on the M5.

The last long trip I did on the continent was to Sorrento in Italy and I averaged just over 34 mpg for the 3340 mile trip.

My "around town" trips are so short I doubt I even get 260 miles from a tankful, which will probably last me from September through to May.

I've never had to top-up the oil between annual services.

Brian
Scrap

Re: Fuel economy.

Postby Vantastic » Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:52 pm

Our 2002 RF3 does not use oil and returns up to 300 miles per tank on a run into Norfolk so a smooth 55mph drive and not may hills. Round town yes much less - 230 miles perhaps.
Loving the Steppy! ... my other car is also Vantastic!
Vantastic

Return to Chat room