collected stepwagon conversion

The place for general chat - anything goes but please remember, this is a family friendly community forum!

collected stepwagon conversion

Postby paulie » Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:55 pm

Hi everybody , I said I would let you know re my conversion , fantastic result very pleased , fitted with rock and roll bed and made to measure store units, sink, two burn cooker etc very impressed with speed and standard of work , Elite conversions based at Worksop , what I liked about the conversion work was the price stated remained the price with no add ons , also very reseaonable given the turn round time of THREE DAYS just great bye for now Paulie
paulie

Re: collected stepwagon conversion

Postby Vantastic » Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:10 pm

Glad to hear Elite delivered the goods in record time and to the agreed price Paulie and you are pleased with the results. :D

Hope you enjoy driving it as well as admiring it! :lol:

Cheers

Lewis
Loving the Steppy! ... my other car is also Vantastic!
Vantastic

Postby Rob » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:55 am

What kind of roof did you get fitted, if any?

Rob
Rob

Postby Vantastic » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:17 pm

A waterproof one I hope! :lol:
Vantastic

Postby Scrap » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:08 pm

Hi all

I've been looking at the Stepwgn pictures on the Elite Conversions website. With hindsight (a wonderful thing) their conversion would have been more useful to me than my Wellhouse Leisure one which I find lacking in storage space. The Elite conversion provides a wardrobe whereas my Wellhouse one has two small cupboards which are useless for most clothes. Funny how in my 20s I carried all my camping gear in a rucksack on my back but now I can't fit it all in a Stepwgn campervan.

Mine has a Reimo "pop-top" which I am happy with as it allows all 6'1'' of me to stand upright in the usable central part of the van, not to mention being £1000 cheaper than the full elevating roof which Wellhouse would have fitted as an option.

Regards

Brian
Scrap

Postby Vantastic » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:56 pm

Interesting observations Brian and ... hindsight is worth it's weight in gold! .. well almost! :lol:

Elite are 20 miles away from me so I might pop up for a chat with them and a look around. We have future plans to convert ours - not immediately though as we need 6 seats! :D

Lewis
Vantastic

Postby Rob » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:22 pm

To be fair to Wellhouse, their concentration is on getting a usable double bed into the van - hence the rather shallow cupboards.
Rob

Postby Scrap » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:20 pm

That's true Rob, but as a single traveller having spent the summer in mine, I now know that a smaller bed and deeper cupboards would have been more useful to me.

Ah well, perhaps in a couple of years I'll have a go at modifying it (or find another wife to fill the bed, though perhaps not as she'd also fill the cupboards).

Brian
Scrap

Return to Chat room