Hello

New to the Club? Say 'Hello' here :)

Hello

Postby Scott » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:28 pm

Hi everyone, I have been lurking on the forum for the last year whilst I carried out some work on my Wagon. I started looking for an MPV camper early in 2009 and it soon became obvious that the Stepwgn was top of the list. I found what I was looking for at Westward Leisure in Devon and have now owned it for just over a year. It is a 1998 RF2 (4WD) FieldDeck with a left side domestic unit, side awning and converted to run on LPG. I have managed to refit the centre console, install a leisure battery and find a suitable ‘drive-away’ awning to fit over the rear door. I like the rear mounted reversing mirror and would like to fit some parking sensors to the rear bumper but not until I have managed to ‘strangle’ the reversing beeper which can only be heard inside the vehicle! The only use I can see for it is if the gear indicator failed then you would know if reverse had been selected. The beep unit seems to be in the area of the internal fuse box. Any suggestions? There is more detail on the vehicle at the following link http://www.husk.name/StepWGN/StepWGN.htm (If the link doesn’t click please copy and paste into your browser. Reference Westward Leisure, not sure if they are still in business because the web site does not appear to have been updated as my vehicle is still for sale!
Scott

Re: Hello

Postby Vantastic » Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:39 pm

Welcome on board Scott - so you come out of the closet! :lol:
Your website is very nice and helpful! Sorry I can't offer any help with your reversing beeper... we just put up with ours!

Where are you located and did you see the idea for a meet up sometime this summer? viewtopic.php?f=4&t=252

Cheers

Lewis
Loving the Steppy! ... my other car is also Vantastic!
Vantastic

Postby chrissie195 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:17 am

Hi Scott! ;)

Welcome to this Club - I've found it invaluable so far and have only been a member since the beginning of the year! when I began my research into Stepwagons.

Thanks for your post which is interesting and helpful.

I'm finally off to collect my (Wellhouse Leisure) Honda Stepwagon this weekend - yours sounds great!
mine also has a (factory fitted) Field Deck elevating roof and has had a side conversion (left hand) too. I decided a rear awning would be helpful and have acquired one (Outdoor Revolution) even before getting the camper ... how are you finding camping life in yours and with the side conversion/rear awning?

I'd be interested to hear from someone like you who's been using a similar Stepwagon conversion for some time.

All the best

Chrissie :D
chrissie195

Postby Scott » Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:00 pm

Hi Guys, thanks for the welcome. It's been a very 'techie' closet since I got the Wagon but all the gadgets seem to be working okay. South coast in Dorset is home, so the only way south is by boat! Haven't done much overnighting just days out but the awning fitted over the rear door is ideal for access to the left-side unit and as it is free standing it can be left on site when going on day trips. Today the Wagon was used to collect logs for the wood burner!! That's the burner in the house not the Wagon!!! Cheers, Scott
Scott

Postby Vantastic » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:18 pm

Hi Scott and Chrissie ... hope you are enjoying the summer out and about with the Stepwagon .. look out for us in Norfolk in the next 2 weeks if you are going that way! Off to grab some sunshine and sea :D ... not that you need to Scott as it is on your doorstep! :lol: With our big family we won't be sleeping in it .. just enjoying the cruise along in cool aircon style! 8-)
Vantastic

Postby athurart09 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:50 am

I'm Athur, a totally newbie to this community. Nice to see you all and great to be a part of the community. Hope to get help from you, thank!
athurart09

Postby Vantastic » Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:36 pm

Welcome Arthur :D - have you bought a stepwagon yet or are you just looking? :lol:
Vantastic

Postby Rob » Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:20 am

Vantastic wrote:Welcome Arthur :D - have you bought a stepwagon yet or are you just looking? :lol:

Arthur is a spammer. Check out the spammy link in 'his' sig.
Rob

Postby Vantastic » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:58 am

Thanks for the heads up - I don't pay any attention to those who do not reply!
Vantastic

Postby Scott » Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:00 pm

Scott wrote:Web site link updated 2017 Hi everyone, I have been lurking on the forum for the last year whilst I carried out some work on my Wagon. I started looking for an MPV camper early in 2009 and it soon became obvious that the Stepwgn was top of the list. I found what I was looking for at Westward Leisure in Devon and have now owned it for just over a year. It is a 1998 RF2 (4WD) FieldDeck with a left side domestic unit, side awning and converted to run on LPG. I have managed to refit the centre console, install a leisure battery and find a suitable ‘drive-away’ awning to fit over the rear door. I like the rear mounted reversing mirror and would like to fit some parking sensors to the rear bumper but not until I have managed to ‘strangle’ the reversing beeper which can only be heard inside the vehicle! The only use I can see for it is if the gear indicator failed then you would know if reverse had been selected. The beep unit seems to be in the area of the internal fuse box. Any suggestions? There is more detail on the vehicle at the following link http://huskie.name/genealogy/StepWGN/StepWGN.htm (If the link doesn’t click please copy and paste into your browser. Reference Westward Leisure, not sure if they are still in business because the web site does not appear to have been updated as my vehicle is still for sale!
Scott

Return to Say Hello!